Moumix made just a few coal piles at the deed… LOL. My FPS drops to 14 or so until they finally burn themselves out in a few days time. Then I’ll be back to making steel for tools and weapons.
After spending most of the week on my deed completing a few remaining buildings and then trying to get a rare steel carving knife for Moumix, I was feeling stir crazy and I decided to go exploring. Not far from my deed, across a bridge to the West I stumbled upon a pile of treasures just laying on the ground! They must have dropped out of a chest that had decayed.
While to most people the list of items will not see that impressive, for Wurm players a few pieces stand out. The dragon scale, and the dragon hatchling drake were really nice finds. I also found a rare dredge to add to my collection of ‘all the things rare’. Not one of my best finds, but still nothing to complain about by any means.
There’s a whole lot of deeds that are over the 90 day mark and I keep waiting to see if they’re going to be disbanded any time soon, but it looks like most of them are pushing on to the 6 month mark. I think that’s a shame, especially on Novus where land is quickly eaten up by large deeds, but I’m sure returning players appreciate having their stuff still around.
Me, I’m still rebuilding. I’ve gotten a few handy pieces back, but finding everything I used to own has been difficult. I did manage to find a HotA statue which is excellent because mine is gone. Next I’m hoping to buy a large magic chest, to keep items safe.
Happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself!
- I did reach 80 in one class in FFXIV – Dancer. I started leveling up a few more after that, but I haven’t been very dedicated.
- I did also reach 80 in goldsmithing! 2/2 as far as gaming goals so far.
- I did NOT reach 60 on any more WoW characters. In fact, I pretty much stopped logging in all together. Shadowlands is a huge grind that I haven’t been interested in at all, and I can’t seem to recapture that interest no matter how hard I try.
- I did not continue any deed work on Cadence in Wurm Online – instead I focused mostly on Wurm Unlimited. I did not complete my temple on Independence, or work on the shipyard, either.
- Wurm Unlimited I not only completed two buildings per my goal – I completed 10. That was pretty neat.
- I also DID try at least one new steam game! I played Valheim, and I also started playing some of my older steam games.
- At least clear the plot of land I own on Novus where Quail Plaza will be. I’d like the trees down and the land level. This is a long term project, so that would be a great start.
- Continue playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with the husband – I know, this one has been out a while, but I haven’t played it in ages and I never got very far.
- Littlewood on the Switch! It should be releasing in Canada ‘soon’ and I’m eager to play.
That’s it! Let’s keep it relaxed and see how the month shapes up.
Completed in February:
- Nothing – I didn’t actually complete any projects at all this month, but the shawl is a large on going project, so I don’t feel too bad about that. It takes a while to knit 1200 yards after all!
- I did do a little bit of spinning! I’m working through my large stash of alpaca fiber.
- Sockhead Cowl (50%)
- Scrap Blanket (2%)
- For the Horde Mitten Liners (0%)
- Stillness Shawl (50%)
- TAAT January Sock Club socks
Completed February Goals:
- 50% of my Stillness shawl (YES!)
- Frog Silver Bell Sweater (No)
- Complete Sockhead Cowl (No)
- Work from stash only (YES!)
- I want to carry over a few that are from February
- 90% of my Stillness Shawl completed by the end of March (hopefully)
- FINALLY frog that silver bell sweater
- Try to get 1/2 way on the TAAT socks
I love all things miniature, and a while back I picked up some tin can kits where you build a little scene inside of them, complete with wiring. You can see my starting efforts above, I managed to get the wiring done and the case that holds the battery. This miniature kit is VERY tiny, it’s not the dollhouse 1:12 ratio that I would like to work with, but hey the price was right and it was a nice first attempt. I have to let everything dry before moving on to the next step, but it shouldn’t be too complicated now that the wiring is done. We’ll see!
It’s a busy weekend in Wurm Unlimited on the Sklotopolis server – Moumix and Stargrace ventured forth to a rift event over on Novus, taking Shao with them by boat (and then summoning to the rift). I don’t think there were any casualties this round, most people were hardened warriors. I came back with rift components to craft runes, a piece of moon metal, and a recipe. No cool tabards this time, but that’s alright. It was a good time all around, and the host was gracious with pizza and drink. Tomorrow there’s a dragon slaying, so here’s hoping my luck holds out and I win something cool in the raffle!
As always, happy gaming no matter where you find yourself. If you’re looking for a lovely Wurm Unlimited server to play on (even though there is no longer any official support) come join Sklotopolis. The staff is dedicated and the player base is (mostly) lovely.
I have to say, the work that has been going on at Quail Cove Nouveau is nothing short of amazing. It went from needing a complete re-build to being almost done. All that is left (thanks to the hard work of Moumix and myself) is the main house (called Quail Nest), towers, and the bridges that join those towers. Of course being my usual procrastinating self, it probably COULD have been completed by now, but I had to go to Caza for a bit to waste some time, and then I took a trip around the server to see what other treats I could pillage. I’ve also spent some time on Novus pillaging for the two deeds I have there. Once I’m done building on Quail Cove, I want to flatten Quail Plaza. This is going to be a shopping market type deed, and I have big plans for it, but it requires a clean slate. I hate terraforming, so it will probably also take me some time.
Happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself!
Another building completed in Quail Cove – this one is for tailoring. The sun was setting and I just loved how it all looked. Plus let’s face it, I can’t resist spinning wheels, in game or out.
I’m really liking the pattern for these socks. I’m knitting them TAAT (two at a time) toe up, all of which is new to me. I’ve been trying to make sure I get 50% of my shawl completed before the end of the month, so the socks are sort of a leftover knitting project when I have some spare time.
I got caught out in a tsunami in Valheim and it was INTENSE. It’s not just because the raft is an awkward weird ship to try to sail, but the waves were gigantic and I kept thinking any moment I was going to get smashed against the nearby rocks. Thankfully, I managed to ‘park’ along the shore and get myself to safety without any further issues.