Coin Operation: The Sanctum of the Scaleborn
Starting Zone: Tenebrous Tangle (Kingdom of Sky)
Starting NPC: Item Triggered
– This quest is initiated by examining the Disk of Blyze. You receive this item at the end of the “Burglars Afoot” quest. You are asked to go to the Sanctum of the Scaleborn and find a use for the coin.
– In The Sanctum at (+12,-40) you will find The Yore Flame. Examine the flame and you find there is small slot to place the disk.
– The Shade of Bylze appears and asks you to find 20 hidden scrolls in the Mouth of the Scaleborn. (You must have already finished the “Words of Pure Magic” language quest.)
– These appear by destroying the Idols that are perched up on the ledges all around the mouth of the Sanctum.
– These are all easy to find apart from number 14 that seems to be hidden in a dish of dark liquid at (+44,-52), after destroying the idol above it. While running along the perimeter of the Mouth of the Sanctum constantly hit tab to target. The idols appear very small and white on the rafters sticking out from the ledge high up on the wall. Tab to target them, hit range attack or cast on them and they will fall off the ledges to the floor where you can harvest them.
– The Shade then asks you to prove you are not aligned with the scaleborn and get a number of armour pieces from the silent sentinels. These are frequent drops. After obtaining them you can return for your reward.
– After completing this quest you can examine the Apparition Chest to initiate the “Vanishing Rewards” quest. The Apparition Chest spawns and depops and reappears in the first few rooms of the zone. Note: You can actually get the apparition chest quest BEFORE this part of the claymore, but it won’t update your quest, so it’s best to wait until you’re on that part.