The Riddle of the Vault
Starting Zone: Sanctum of the Scaleborn (Kingdom of Sky)
Starting NPC: Xhorroz
– This quest is give by examing the Vault in the Lair of Scale which is high above the Gorge Pit (examine the Celtic Knot on the floor at the very top where Cyenderos spawns, +11,+320). This will give you 4 clues to update. the 4 pillars on the platform you’re on will have a mouse-over text on the back side of each, examine these to get the updates.
– You are now sent to retrieve 4 keys, these are updated by killing the Drakes on the floor below. This may take 1 or 2 spawns to get them all.
- Hunt for the Copper Key (+46,+250). Kill the Furywing Drakota on the pedistal to get the key.
- Hunt for the Silver Key (-29,+248). Kill the Furywing Drakota on the pedistal to get the key.
- Hunt for the Black Key (-59,+279). Kill the Furywing Drakota on the pedistal to get the key.
- Hunt for the Gold Key (___,___). Kill Koturah the Furywing Drakota on the black pedistal to get the key.
– Once you have the keys, insert them in the celcitc knot, this then has you find the draconic staves. (The gold key is from Koturah the named drake, the other 3 are just normal updates off the other drakes.)
– These are Ceremonial Darslayers, have a 5 min respawn, and are scatttered throughout the Sanctum:
– Once you get all four keys head back up to the Vault and try and open it. You are unable to turn the lock there is something writen on the vault:
“When the staves of the yore scales meet the vortex of scaleborn, When the four arms are raised, Only then shall the maw of fortune release itself.”
– Serach Sanctum of the Scaleborn for Dragon Staves ther are spread out the entire Sanctum.
- Darlslayer One: Ready Room (+196,-57)
- Darlslayer Two: The Oratorium (-12,+90)
- Darlslayer Three: The Oratorium (+31,+90)
- Darlslayer Four: Scaleborn Barracks (+199,+41)
- Darlslayer Five : Chamber of Animation (-176,+56)
- Darlslayer Six: Chamber of the Diviners (-251,+244)
- Darlslayer Seven: Fountian of the Awakening (-57,+180)
- Darlslayer Eight: The Hall of Rites (+8,-47)
- Darlslayer Nine: Pool of Spirits (+157,+144)
- Darlslayer Ten: Pool of Spirits (+149,+143)
- Darlslayer Eleven: The Gorg Pit (-14,+303)
- Darlslayer Twelve: The Gorg Pit (+36,+302)
- Darlslayer Thirteen: Upper Ledge of the Gorg Pit (-12,+290)
- Darlslayer Fourteen : Upper Ledge of the Gorg Pit (+29,+290)
- Darlslayer Fifteen :Upper Ledge of the Gorg Pit (+12,+290)
– According to the riddler of the dragon stave, the Darlslayers must be placed in the Scaleborn Vortexes to be closer to unlocking the Scaleborn Vault.
- Scaleborn Vortex One : Mouth of the Sanctum (-16,-67)
- Scaleborn Vortex Two : Mouth of the Sanctum (+38,-67)
- Scaleborn Vortex Three : Chamber of Animation (-148,+54)
- Scaleborn Vortex Four : Chamber of Animation (-148,+54)
- Scaleborn Vortex Five : Chamber of Animation (-148,+54)
- Scaleborn Vortex Six : Chamber of Animation (-148,+54)
- Scaleborn Vortex Seven : Hall of Rites (-19,-2)
- Scaleborn Vortex Eight : Hall of Rites (+29,+13)
- Scaleborn Vortex Nine : Room of Recovery (-145,-157)
- Scaleborn Vortex Ten : The Audience Chamber (-54,+339)
- Scaleborn Vortex Eleven : The Audience Chamber (-37,+295)
- Scaleborn Vortex Twelve : The Audience Chamber (-10,+255)
- Scaleborn Vortex Thirteen : The Audience Chamber (+43,+267)
- Scaleborn Vortex Fourteen : The Audience Chamber (+50,+382)
- Scaleborn Vortex Fifteen : The Audience Chamber (+33,+377)
– Now you must find the four arms to raise near the titanic dragon pedestal.
– After placeing all these you need to raise the arms, examine the pillar at the bottom center of the gorg pit. This initates a timed quest. you have to hit all the buttons of a specifc type in the time limit, doing so immediatly initates another timer for another set of buttons. The order is white, black, red and blue. Do not let the quest text fool you though. Graphically ALL the buttons are red. If you are having a hard time seeing them, Options > Model Detail > then increase the top two options. When you complete the first set, the timer for the second set begins.
– First set (White)
– Second set (Black)
– Third set (Red)
– Fourth set (Blue)
– White is the hardest as there are 2 runes on the south wall, and then 1 rune on the west and east walls.
– The black dragon runes are on the south wall. The red dragon runes are on the east wall. The blue dragon runes are on the west wall.
– Once your try the Vault you are able to finish and get your reward You recive your choice of a legendary chest peice, a note from the palace, and a crystal of command but Three Green Dreadknights pop on you one up arrow and two regular at level 70 you should have no problem.