Vanguard – Game Update4 Notes
Hotfix Notes March / 11 / 2008
Vanguard Update 4
1. Flying Mounts
2. Riftway Revamp
3. Character Optimizations / Helmets
4. Overland Raid
5. Class Updates
6. Refund Points
7. Veteran Rewards
8. Bug Fixes / Performance
9. Patch Notes
1. Flying Mounts
With Update 4 we have added the first two permanent flying mounts into Vanguard. Griffons and wyverns are now available for players to attain. Head to Southwatch to begin the griffon quest and to Ancient Port Warehouse for the wyvern.
2. Riftway Revamp
Also featured in Update 4 is a revamp to the riftway system. At level 10, once arriving at the first outpost after the newbie experience, the player will encounter the first riftway stone. These riftways are placed within all similarly leveled outposts, and are available immediately as options for travel. In addition, there will be a quest-giver at each riftway with ‘region introduction quests’, giving an overview of what content is to be found in each region as well as a delivery quest to visit a main quest giver in that region located near the riftway.
Riftway locations are represented on the map. When moused over they will show an outpost name, region name, and level range. If the riftway is available to the player it will show up in color, and if not then it will be grey. When an available riftway location is clicked and the player has required cost, the player is teleported to that location.
Riftways will be tiered and color coded by level range and each tier will have a different cost to travel. This will ensure that lower level players should always be able to afford to get to where they need to go while at the same time not trivializing the cost for higher level players.
3. Character Optimizations / Helmets
These two updates go hand in hand, because one allows us to do the other. First, we have done a lot of optimizations to player characters. By eliminating extra bones in the PC model faces we were able to add several visible helmets – which would have otherwise been interfered with by those extra bones. The end result is less customization in the facial area but better performance for the character models and brand new visible helmets.
4. Overland Raid
Many years after being driven into hiding by his murderous brothers, Fengrot Foulbreath has emerged from his slumber beneath the stagnant waters of Thelaseen. Although diminutive compared to his brothers, Fengrot makes up for this by being twice as cruel and ill-tempered as any of the other Sons of Torsheim. Having made a pact with Krigus, spirit of disease and decay, Fengrot hopes to use the spirit’s power to destroy his most hated enemy – his brother, Torkald Who Mourns.
Fengrot is an overland raid target appropriate for 18 well equipped, high level players.
5. Class Updates
Three adventuring classes have received significant attention this update. They are the druid, dread knight and paladin. The main thing we did with each class was, after fixing broken or underdeveloped abilities we sat down and took a look at each of the three classes and evaluated where it was with our overall vision. After that, we made the necessary changes, be it altering abilities, adjusting DPS or a variety of other things. For a complete list of the updates, check out the detailed notes below.
6. Refund Points
If you’ve ever regretted putting attribute points into a certain stat as you level up, we now have a way for you to fix that! Players can now purchase refund points for all non-automatically allocated attribute points from their trainers. The initial refund will be free, but then the price will rise progressively each additional time refund points are purchased.
7. Veteran Rewards
Veteran Rewards have been added to the /claim window. Rewards include titles, special items (such as vanity pets) and a set of furniture to place inside your house. Veteran rewards are available for players who have had active accounts for six months or more. Additional rewards are available every two months after that. Enjoy!
8. Bug Fixing / Performance
A good deal of time this update, especially for the programming department, has been spent fixing bugs and improving performance. In terms of the bugs, we tried to target issues that fell into one of two categories. First we obviously wanted to make sure any game breaking issues or bugs were fixed but after that we tried to focus on getting rid of as many small, annoying bugs as possible. Usability is a big focus, and we want to make sure the play experience is as seamless for players as possible. A full list of our bug fixes and performance tweaks can be found below.
9. Patch Notes
Vanguard Build 2002 Patch Notes 3/11/2008 – GAME UPDATE 4
– Wyvern flying mount quest is now available
– Griffon mount quest is now active
– There are now no fly zones around certain areas of content.
– Helmets are now visible
– Riftways have been revamped
– Veteran Rewards are now available for those who have been around for 6 months or longer.
– All adventuring consumables now share three cooldown timers. Each consumable either has a 2 minute shared cooldown (for all health, energy, and endurance renewal consumables), a 5 minute shared cooldown (for all ‘burst’ buffs) or a 15 minute shared cooldown (for all long duration buffs).
– All 30 minute duration buffs from item clicks have had their duration reduced to 15 minutes.
– Anevka’s Renewal now shares a cooldown with low cooldown crafted consumables.
– Named NPC items have had their item power increased.
– All named drop items are now BOP
– All named drop items are no longer deconstructable
– All named now spawn more often
– PVP – All fears should now stun in pvp. They will all be set to half the duration of your normal fear, with 30% diminishing returns and have a 25% chance to break on damage.
– Recasting mez on a target will no longer strip the previous mez. This is also true if the mez attempt is resisted.
– Refresh timers will now count down while offline.
– Quest timers will now count down while offline.
– Fix for a pet ability exploit.
– You can now right-click on a player name link in the chat window to get a context menu for that player, which allows you to do various things like send them a tell, ignore them, add them to friends list, and more. You can also right-click on a player in the game world to get a context menu for them that has the additional options that require you to be close to them, such as inspect, invite to brotherhood, caravan, etc
– Holding down shift and left clicking on an item in your inventory when the market/broker window is open will paste the name of the item into the item search field of the broker window, unless you are currently typing in the chat window, in which case it will paste an item link into the chat window as normal.
– Right-clicking on one of your friends in the friends list of the Social window now brings up a context menu for that friend, allowing you to send them a tell, invite them to a group, and more.
– NPC’s that are rare spawns/bosses will display their names in all capitals so they can be distinguished from other NPC’s.
– Added display option for showing the dot strength of NPC’s in the 3D view (called show NPC difficulty).
– Added display option for player cloak. Now it can be hidden if desired.
– Added option to hide player helmets.
– Teleporting dockmasters have been removed from the game
– All adventuring trainers now have an XP reduction ability which will reduce XP gain to 0 when toggled on.
– You may no longer loot a raid NPC if you were not one of the 18 people engaging the NPC.
– You can no longer drain life to someone engaged in a different raid.
– You may no longer swap in equipment while casting
– Casting any spell at all will now force a dismount if you are in combat. If flying, you will be unable to cast. This also applies to bard songs.
– Bard – Lightning Kisses the Ground – Lowered the duration of the critical vulnerability to 10 seconds, but removed the # of hits portion of the duration.
– Bard – Aria of Calm Thoughts – Now increases spell accuracy and damage by 3% and spell crit chance by 2%. It no longer reduces energy costs.
– Bard – Chorale of Calm Thoughts – The name of this ability has been changed to Aria of Calm Thoughts and it is now a lyric component. Its cost has been lowered to 4 energy per sec., down from 10.
– Bard – Hazoc’s Harmony of Haste – The name of this ability has been changed to Hazoc’s Hymn of Haste and it is now a chorus component. Its cost has been increased to 5 energy per sec. to match other choruses.
– Bard – Fox Overtakes the Hare – The third version of this attack now has the proper critical hit bonus.
– Bard – Asilam’s Disenchanting Cry now has a 25m range.
– Blood Mage – Scarring Pact no longer stacks with itself. Blood Pact no longer stacks with itself.
– Blood Mage – Added combat text feedback for blood link and scarring pact so that you know why you are taking damage.
– Blood Mage – You can no longer share a blood link, spirit link, or scarring pact with someone engaged in another raid.
– Cleric – Fixed a bug causing Strike Down not to stack with Speed of Ghalnn.
– Cleric – Speed of Ghalnn no longer incurs global recovery
– Cleric – It should no longer be possible to retain access to path specific abilities if you abandon that path and choose another.
– Cleric – Turning Attempts will now regenerate one at a time rather than all at once (similar to Druid Phenomena Points).
– Dread Knight – Apothic Shield now has a refresh of 10 minutes.
– Dread Knight – Changed Hatred Incarnate to increase all damage instead of just melee damage.
– Dread Knight – If you are using a one-handed Arazmus weapon, you may trade it in for a two-handed Arazmus.
– Dread Knight – Bane is now instant cast, down from 4 seconds.
– Dread Knight – Bleak Foeman is now usable only with a 2 handed weapon equipped.
– Dread Knight – Black Wind is now a cone melee attack. It deals melee damage plus damage and adds hate. This ability can only be used with a 2 handed weapon.
– Dread Knight – Devour Strength now drains dexterity instead of Vitality.
– Dread Knight – Increased the damage on Torture
– Dread Knight – Increased the damage on Incantation of Hate.
– Dread Knight – Lowered the duration on Incantation of hate to 24 seconds.
– Dread Knight – Lowered overall energy costs
– Dread Knight – Removed the increased endurance costs on the Ebon Blade combat form.
– Dread Knight – Ominous Fate no longer triggers global recovery
– Dread Knight – Ominous Fate I-III now stun for 2, 3, 4 seconds respectively
– Dread Knight – Ominous Fate now has a 30 second refresh
– Dread Knight – Vile Howl now has a 5 minute refresh
– Dread Knight – Vile Howl now snares.
– Dread Knight – Vile Howl is now instant cast.
– Dread Knight – Vile Howl No longer requires DC 3+ to cast.
– Dread Knight – Added new ability line Mutilate at level 20. Upgrades every 10 levels.
– Dread Knight – Your forms no longer grow in power as your Dreadful Countenance increases. They start off at the old max numbers. This does not affect Dreadful Countenance.
– Dread Knight – You now have Weapon Shield while wielding a two handed weapon in defensive form. This ability is innate and gives you block chance that increases over levels.
– Dread Knight – Added new ability line Hex of Ill Omen at level 18. Upgrades every 10 levels.
– Dread Knight – Added new ability line Hex of Impending Doom at level 28. Upgrades every 10 levels.
– Dread Knight – Symbol of Suffering has been changed to Anthamine’s Charge. This ability is no longer a Symbol and is only usable with a 2 handed weapon.
– Dread Knight – Increased damage on Anthamine’s Charge.
– Dread Knight – Lowered the cast time on Abyssal Chains to 1 second.
– Druid – Soothe I is now available at level. You will start with this ability.
– Druid – Rampant Roots now costs 3 PP.
– Druid – Treeshape can now be cancelled.
– Druid – Increased damage on Star Mantle.
– Druid – Added new ability Wolfshape to trainers at level 8. This ability gives you the appearance of a wolf.
– Druid – Added new finishing ability, Summon Magma Elemental at level 26. It upgrades every 10 levels. This elemental will take an available elemental slot, but will be much stronger than the Earth Elemental.
– Druid – Hierophant’s Boon now has a refresh of 15 minutes.
– Druid – Hierophant’s Boon has been moved to level 10.
– Druid – Stormcaller’s Fury now procs off of spell casts as well as melee attacks.
– Druid – Increased the energy cost of Piercing Roots
– Druid – Increased the hit points, damage and hit rating of your summoned earth elementals
– Druid – Taproot now stops the player from moving while it is active. If you are moving while casting, it will root you in place, but will not break.
– Druid – Taproot no longer breaks when you cast spells.
– Druid – Roseberries have had their heal increased in power.
– Druid – Seer’s Intensity now increases run speed by 60%
– Druid – Seer’s Intensity no longer shape shifts you into a wolf.
– Druid – Seer’s Intensity now increases intelligence and spell haste
– Druid – Renamed Wolfshape to Seer’s Intensity
– Druid – Earthquake now costs 12 phenomena points
– Druid – Life Stream now costs 15 phenomena points
– Druid – Tranquility now costs 10 phenomena points
– Druid – The Brilliant Aurora ability line now has a 10 minute refresh timer.
– Druid – The Brilliant Aurora ability line now costs 15 phenomena points to cast.
– Druid – Summon Ancient Colossus is now Nature’s Tempest. Nature’s Tempest is a 15 second buff that lowers all spell costs to 0 and increases damage by 15%. It also summons 2 elementals to fight for you for 3 minutes.
– Druid – Therianthropy lowers the energy and endurance cost of all abilities for all defensive targets within 25m for 10 seconds.
– Druid – Renamed Wolf Pack to Therianthropy.
– Druid – Removed Wolf Pack II
– Druid – Added new spell line Antshape to trainers at level 14.
– Druid – Quelling Winds no longer causes NPCs who aren’t in combat to aggro.
– Druid – Quelling Winds is no longer focused and pulsing.
– Druid – Quelling Winds is now a targeted AE with a 25m range.
– Druid – Added new spell line Ire to trainers at level 4. This spell upgrades every 8 levels.
– Druid – Nature’s Wrath no longer has a resistance debuff component.
– Druid – Updated your Earth Elemental display models. They now look like golems instead of rock turtles.
– Druid – Added new spell line Wither to trainers at level 24. This spell upgrades every 8 levels.
– Druid – Summon Earth Elemental now has a 2.5 second cast time.
– Druid – You now gain the passive ability Earth Mastery at level 6. This ability explains how many elementals you can summon at each level.
– Druid – A summoned earth elemental now lasts for 3 minutes
– Druid – Summon Earth elemental now summons pets that can be commanded.
– Druid – Deadly Swarm now deals less damage in PVP.
– Druid – Deadly Swarm now has a 2 minute refresh
– Druid – Deadly Swarm now costs 7 Phenomena Points.
– Druid – The duration between ticks on Deadly Swarm has been lowered to 2 seconds, down from 4. This makes the spell a shorter duration with the same damage.
– Druid – Starfall has had its damage increased.
– Druid – Starfall now costs 10 Phenomena Points
– Druid – Starfall now has a 2 minutes refresh
– Druid – All berries are now soulbound
– Druid – Added new ability line Bountiful Harvest to trainers at level 50.
– Druid – Mottleberries, Sageberries and Roseberries are now on a 1 minute shared refresh timer.
– Druid – All versions of Sageberries now have 10 charges.
– Druid – The damage over time portion of Venomous Thorns now lasts 8 seconds instead of 16. The damage was not adjusted.
– Druid – Call Lightning now has a 25% base chance to crit.
– Druid – Call Lightning now costs 1 phenomena point
– Druid – Soothe is now instant cast
– Druid – The heal over time portion of Soothe has been increased.
– Druid – The heal over time portion of Soothe has been
– Druid – Soothe now has a 6 second refresh timer
– Druid – Soothe now costs 5 phenomena points and no longer costs energy
– Druid – You now have 20 phenomena points at level 1. Your pool size will increase by 5 every 5 levels until level 40. These will regenerate at a rate of 2 per minute.
– Druid – Phenomena are now available at level 1.
– Druid – Stormcaller’s Fury no longer deals damage through invulnerability.
– Monk – It should no longer be possible to retain access to path specific abilities if you abandon that path and choose another.
– Necromancer – Lich – Added new ability line Necrotic Clutch. This ability is available at level 30 and upgrades every 10 levels.
– Necromancer – Wraith – Added new spell line Ghastly Revenge. This ability is available at level 30 and upgrades every 3 levels afterwards.
– Necromancer – Wraith Acolytes now function
– Necromancer – Lich acolytes heal at a rate of once every 4 seconds instead of once every 10 seconds.
– Necromancer – Destroyer minions now attack at range with bows!
– Necromancer – Destroyer minions look differently
– Necromancer – Zealot minions now appear differently.
– Necromancer – Increased the chance that the Zealot minion will hit its target.
– Necromancer – Skin of the Xakrin now functions differently. It will apply its buff when equipping the skin graft on your abomination. Also, this skin appears as a humanoid jackal on your abomination.
– Necromancer – Wraith necromancers now look different.
– Necromancer – Spectre’s Touch has been adjusted. The following changes have been made: now has a 2 second cast timer, 15 second refresh timer, costs health to cast, lowered energy cost, increased damage and removed the portion that drained energy.
– Necromancer – Death Touch will now deal a large amount of damage to your target if they are immune to the Killing Blow portion of the ability.
– Necromancer – Enshroud now has a casting animation.
– Necromancer – Enshroud is now group targeted.
– Necromancer – Ritual of Necropotence now has a 3 second cast time and no refresh time.
– Necromancer – Ritual of Necropotence now grants a damage buff instead of granting free spells.
– Necromancer – Carrion of Corruption and Carrion of Depravation now despawn after 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
– Necromancer – Carrion of Corruption has been renamed to Orb of Corruption. The spell now appears as a flaming orb over the NPC corpse.
– Necromancer – Lowered the cast timer of Necropsy to 1 second.
– Necromancer – Added a line of text to the description of Despoiling Blight to indicate that the ability can only be active on one target at a time. This restriction has always been there, but it was never indicated.
– Paladin – Champion’s Might is a passive buff that is active whenever you have a shield equiped. It is a 15% damage increase to melee attacks.
– Paladin – Virtue will now regenerate at a rate of one point every two minutes.
– Paladin – Increased the damage of Aegis Strike slightly.
– Paladin – Increased the damage of Guardian’s Assault.
– Paladin – A 12 second refresh has been placed on your combat forms. This means that once you enter a form you will be unable to switch out of that form for 12 seconds.
– Paladin – Righteous Supplication has been added to trainers at level 12. This ability will restore all virtue points and can be used every 20 minutes.
– Paladin – Blessing of Life, a new Gift of Virtue (group heal over time), has been added to trainers at level 30.
– Paladin – The damage caused by Sunburst has increased slightly.
– Paladin – Sunburst now only affects one target, costs one virtue and adds an amount of hatred in addition to the damage that it does.
– Paladin – Dictum of Valus now has a 10 second refresh and no longer incurs global cooldown.
– Paladin – Final stand now has a 10 minute refresh timer and requires a shield to use.
– Paladin – Lay on Hands now has a 2 minutes and 30 second refresh timer, down from 5 minutes.
– Paladin – Succor’s refresh timer has been lowered to 5 minutes.
– Paladin – Paragon now costs 6 virtue, lasts for 2 minutes and has a 4 minute refresh time.
– Paladin – Fury of Valus now costs 6 virtue, has a 5 minute refresh and no longer incurs global recovery.
– Paladin – Zeal is now trainable at level 12.
– Paladin – Zeal now costs 3 virtue, has a 2 minute refresh, lasts for 30 seconds and no longer incurs global recovery.
– Paladin – Increased the damage of Judgment of the Bloodthirsty.
– Paladin – Increased the damage of Judgment of the Impure.
– Paladin – Increased the range of Smite to 45 meters and lowered the refresh time to 6 seconds.
– Paladin – Increased the damage added by Blood Oath and lengthened its max duration to 5 minutes, up from 60sec. The description has changed to better explain the duration.
– Paladin – Shield of Resolve now returns endurance to the whole group. The values returned have increased and particles have been added to make it more apparent when the effect goes off.
– Paladin – Shield of Solace now heals the group when the paladin is struck by an attack. The base value of this heal is now displayed in the ability text as well and particles have been added to help identify when it is working.
– Paladin – Stroke of Conviction and Stroke of Fervor both function correctly with shield consecrations.
– Paladin – Stroke of Fervor now deals 350% weapon damage, up from 200%.
– Paladin – Stroke of Conviction now deals 300% weapon damage, up from 200%.
– Paladin – Strike of Gloriann now increases block ability ty 14% in addition to its previous effects.
– Paladin – Both Hammer and Might of Valus now deal 400% weapon damage.
– Paladin – Aura of Divine Power now grants a 6 to 12 percent increase in accuracy as levels are gained.
– Paladin – Courage has changed. A new version has been added at level 48 and previous ranks have had their levels changed to make a more gradual curve. This changes the values of the armor class portion of the buff in the mid levels. The Courage I and Superior Courage both retain their original values for armor class increase. The hit point portion of the ability have been slightly increased and will now stack with all other buffs. The new rank of Courage is available at trainers.
– Paladin – Aura of Replenishment has changed. It now increases the power of heals by 30%, lowers energy costs by 4% and reduces casting times by 8%. These bonuses only affect the paladin. The frequency of the regeneration pulses has increased to 10 seconds, up from 5. Because of this, the amount returned has increased.
– Paladin – Healing Touch has had its cast time lowered to 2.5 seconds and refresh time removed. Energy cost has increased and healing amount has been lowered.
– Paladin – Retribution – Added a new counter attack, available at level 12.
– Paladin – Rescues – It is no longer possible to gain virtue points by using rescues.
– Paladin – Contrition – Is now a shield attack that adds a small amount of hate over time to the attacker of your defensive target. It no longer has a force target component and so it does not add the force target immunity.
– Paladin – Virtue Points will now regenerate one at a time rather than all at once (similar to Druid Phenomena Points).
– Paladin – If you are using a two-handed Arazmus weapon, you may trade it in for a one-handed Arazmus.
– Ranger – Arrow/ Bolt recipes should no longer show up 10 levels before you can forage the components to make them.
– Ranger – Blade of the Equinox is now marked as a Finishing Attack instead of just a Melee Attack.
– Rogue – Drub now costs 8 endurance
– Shaman – level 15+ – Your Patrons have been removed. Please visit a trainer in Khal, Dark Horse Tracks, Halgarad, House of Fallen Leaves or Martok to do a quest and choose your new patron. (Note: All of your patron abilities will be removed when you login and will remain that way until you complete the new patron quest.)
– Shaman – There is a new Patron choosing quest available that includes the option to respec – the first respec is free. Please visit a shaman trainer in one of the following areas: Dark Horse Track, Khal, Halgarad, House of Fallen Leaves or Martok.
– Sorcerer – Forget is now % based and has a 30 second refresh.
– Sorcerer – Nulling Ward is now a targeted AE instead of a point blank AE.
– Warrior – Bastion of Steel now has a 10 minute refresh time, down from 15.
– Warrior – If you are using a two-handed Arazmus weapon, you may trade it in for a one-handed Arazmus.
– Added an "Assemble All" feature to the crafting assembly window. Once enabled it will continue assembling the recipe you selected until you run out of one or more of the ingredients necessary for the recipe, or until you toggle it back off.
– All Gawrut Kern NPCs have been moved closer to the crafting area.
– Korma Rett at the Tawar Galan crafting area now offers recipe training.
– Kenta at the Tawar Galan crafting area now sells crafting equipment as well as utilities.
– Harvesting nodes yield and loot tables have been cleaned up and will now drop resonance and focusing dusts. The types of dusts they will drop are based on their material.
– All harvesting nodes now use a tier specific labeling on their names and a consistent look regardless of rarity. They way they spawn has not been adjusted. The new display names are as follows
Tier 1 Metal Node
Tier 2 Large Metal Node
Tier 3 Rich Metal Node
Tier 4 Metal Vein
Tier 5 Large Metal Vein
Tier 6 Rich Metal Vein
Tier 1 Small Mineral Cluster
Tier 2 Medium Mineral Cluster
Tier 3 Large Mineral Cluster
Tier 4 Small Mineral Deposit
Tier 5 Medium Mineral Deposit
Tier 4 Large Mineral Deposit
Tier 1 Jute
Tier 2 Cotton
Tier 3 Firegrass
Tier 4 Silkbloom
Tier 5 Vielthread
Tier 6 Steelweave
Tier 1 Weakened
Tier 2 Barbed
Tier 3 Dry
Tier 4 Knotted
Tier 5 Dusky
Tier 6 Aged
– Diplomacy Masks are now available! Give the facets earned by doing writs to lapidarians in New Targonor, Ahgram, and Tanvu. You can then use the near-by diplomacy assembly tables to attach gems to the masks. Base masks for gem socketing and the glyptic dust needed to carve the gems are both sold by the lapidarians. See them for more details!
– Mask gems and finished masks are no longer soulbound. Mask gems are tradeable and the finished masks are now bound when equipped.
– All diplomacy containers have had their total capacity increased.
– Smelly Cat’s cards can now be obtained off of civic parleys. The cat will still drop diplomacy equipment when defeated.
– Mixmaster Macken’s parleys now require Academic presence.
– "Missing In Action" parleys in the Ancient Port Warehouse should now give the proper amount of prestige faction.
– Civic diplomacy now has a chance to drop additional rewards upon successful completion of a parley. The rewards included are from all three spheres.
– Diplomacy masks that include three rare gems now give some presence and a special Statement. The Statement can only be used when the mask is equipped.
– Ancient Port Warehouse – It is no longer possible to summon a boat within the port of Innovus.
– Ancient Port Warehouse – Spawnable bosses in APW now drop Hoptonian Ore.
– Ancient Port Warehouse – The Core Processor will now mitigate spell damage as it was intended to do.
– Ancient Port Warehouse – The Core Processor will now recognize when the Assault Module/Defense Matrix have returned to battle and will once again take advantage of their presence.
– Ancient Port Warehouse – Akym’s Dagger is now displaying as a heroic instead of legendary weapon. In addition the damage and delay have both been increased slightly. Otherwise the stats remain relatively unchanged.
– Ceros Island – All ceros island quest rewards have been moved to Sloggerosh except for the mask rewards which are now drops of Pharaoh Harakhan in Nusibe Necropolis.
– Craigwind – Craigwind shrine events have been fixed
– Hegnerian – Some changes were made to Hegnerian and the three guards before him to help prevent bottlenecking. All loot has been removed from their tables and will now be obtainable through repeatable quests. These quests can be obtained in the Spore Chamber on a new npc, Fon Cogswin. Find her, and she may make you an offer you can’t refuse.
– Hegnerian – Hegnerian now respawns every 30 minutes. As a result, a 6 hour lockout timer has been added to him. Players will be locked out of Hegnerian, Euralon, Myrdicos & Raea.
– Hegnerian – Fixed an issue with the Tomes resetting too early.
– Hegnerian – The Core of Ezigoth will now drop from Hegnerian as multi-loot for those in the group that need it.
– Nusibe Necropolis – Pharaoh Harakhan the outcast can now be challenged by those brave enough to reassemble his body in Nusibe Necropolis.
– Old Targonor – The Knights of the Old Blood have returned with a single order from the lich king Sartok to protect the denizens of Old Targonor, for something special will be happening soon.
– Quests – Informing Ca’ial should now give the poison as described.
– Tanvu – Kau Isa now sells horses in Tanvu.
– Tehatamani – Tehatamani event has been fixed
– Hunter’s League Weapon – Due to recent changes to the Paladin, the Tanwen’s Greatsword of Protection has been changed to a 1 handed blunt, Tanwen’s Mace of Protection.
– Cloak of the Pantheon is now unique.
– Resolved an issue with the world loot tables that was causing some items to drop much less often then desired.
– Cirel’s Sanguine Mandolin now has Vitality and Hit Points instead of Health and Endurance regeneration.
– Ariezel’s Horn of Rage now has additional strength and hit points instead of endurance regeneration.
– Sell value of equipable gear has been increased slightly.
– Arazmus – Regarding Dreadknights, Paladins & Warriors – Due to the revamps made to your classes regarding weapon specializations, you will now have the opportunity to trade your weapon with Handler Aerco in Afrit for a weapon of your classes preference. Note: You will only be able to do this one time, and will not be able to choose the weapon you are trading in.
– Reactions are still draggable, but only if the reaction is not available. If the reaction is available (no refresh time remaining, sufficient resources, and the target in range), then reactions activate on the down-click. This change is to ensure that players do not accidentally drag reactions that they are attempting to activate.
– Reactions should now work properly with AE’s. Previously, reactions did not always correctly trigger chains if there were multiple targets being hit
– Reaction time remaining only appears as a green bar if the reaction is actually available. Otherwise it is color-coded to allow the player to easily identify why it is unavailable.
1. Target out of range: light brown
2. Not enough resources: crimson
3. Refresh time remaining: dark gray
4. Usable: bright green
– Getting a new crit or a new block/parry, while the reaction time remaining is counting down from a previous crit or block/parry, resets the corresponding reaction time remaining to full. However, if the player is on the 2nd or later step of a chain, that one remains at the previous time remaining, but all of the other chains now become available with a full reaction time remaining bar.
– Fixed bug where some classes (i.e. warrior) would have their chains cancel with a little over two seconds remaining on the reaction timer.
– Fixed bug where reactions were not being updated correctly in ability book and on hotkey bar. They now only show up as available when they are available in the reaction window.
– Changing targets or killing a target now cancels all chains and counters.
– Fixed bug where chains would sometimes not immediately reset to the opener (i.e. when missing on a later step in the chain or killing the target on a later step in the chain). They should now always reset to the opener.
– Fixed counterspells so that they now show up in the ability and hotkey bar as available immediately. Previously, they didn’t become available in those places until they became available for the first time in the reaction window.
– Fixed bug where changing combat forms made chains become unavailable. Active chains now remain available when a player changes combat forms
– Implemented /reactionchain, /reactioncounter, and /reactionrescue. These calls are followed by an integer that specifies which chain, counter, or rescue slot to activate. So "/reactionchain 2" activates whichever reaction happens to be in chain slot 2. All of the possible slots have corresponding Key Bindings as well (reactionchain[01-10], /reactioncounter[01-05], and /reactionrescue[01-05]), which are associated with Aliases through Aliases , with no default binding, allowing the player to easily set up hotkeys for any chain, counter, or rescue slot that they want.
– Fixed various issues with /reactionautochain (‘G’), /reactionautocounter (‘Y’), and /reactionautorescue (‘V’). /reactionautochain uses the chain with the most steps that is available. /reactionautocounter and /reactionautorescue use the highest level available counter/rescue.
– The /claim window is now sorted by number available, starting with those items that are unlimited.
– Change to ability book so that it now wraps around (pushing back on the first page goes to the last page and pushing next on the last page goes to the first page).
– Fixed some client crashes.
– Fixed some long-standing crashes related to alt-tabbing out of the game.
– Implemented functionality for "/consent group" and "/consent raid".
– Fix to simulacrum’d NPCs not staying controlled because of heal aggro.
– Added a button to put all available attribute points into (max) a particular statistic.