More Fan Faire Details (EQ2)
One site that seems to have been over looked this Fan Faire (at least on twitter) is the EQ2 Wire – you may remember them from last year, they were the ones frantically posting all of the guild hall information, and they were fantastic in keeping things up to date. Take a peek over at their site for an in depth (although not always flowing) look at what is to come for EQ2. Some of the changes I noticed right off the bat that I wanted to mention here are:
- Certain new adornments recipes will be muter only
- Extend eof and kos trees
50 more AA points
- End abilities at bottom of eof and kos trees will be combinations instead of additional buttons
- Aa xp slider
- Spell ranged melée heal taunt crit merged to just crit
Double attack and RDA merge to just DA
Each class has crit coefficients
Same gear adds diff crit % for diff classes
- Reduce mitigation types to
Physical. Elemental. Nox. Arcane
- Consolidate common self buff lines
- Gear scaling system — old gear scales down
- Druid heal over time with expiration heal for groupmate
Druid should be viable healer
- No need to bring 8 support classes
Raidwide buffs for chanter and bard
Illy time compression 4 ppl – 1 per group
- Summoner debuffs spell dmg
Rogue debuffs melée dmg
- All of these changes will be on test for a long time
- May make T9 version of some TSO dungeons
- Mythical will not be #1 weapon. It will be usuable in another way.
- Ore nodes will respawn as ore nodes
Gem nodes will respawn as gem nodes
- Summoner dumbfire pets will just be a spell with a debuff, won’t be something that has survive.
- Heal over time is third place behind wards and reactive heals, so Druids are getting another component to heal over time.
- Let enchanters do crowd control on raids
- Stonebrunt mountains
- End of the void storyline
- What happened to the Erudites and Odus
- Ratonga lore
- Contested dungeon
- 3 different wings. Spawn in the middle.
- Raid mobs in new zones will have a choice of difficulty so no zone will be completely unbeatable
- Some mobs will have multiple loot tables
- No new deities with expac
- Guild level 90
More amenities and more slots
- 2 overland zones
1 contested zone similar to sanctum of scaleborn
12 group instances
- Level by grouping or soloing
- Be able to clear instances and then progress to the next zone.
- New Halas free download gu55
Streamlined new player experience
Rework thundering steppes
- Will see Erudin and Paineel explained in new expac
- Shouldn’t be any one class that is required to raid
- Swash and brigands pick up some of each others class abilities.
- Upgraded quest window
- Auto mentoring system
Hail an NPC in the cities to mentor in 5 level increments
No aaxp bonus
- Aaxp slider
Be sure to check out their notes for the rest of Fan Faire, but it looks like some pretty great things are headed EQ2’s way eventually. Now we just have to play the waiting game.