Where To Level (10-15)
Just off the island, maybe you’ve gained a few levels and you’re wondering where to go. Well, Telon is HUGE. A few tips. Number one, Qalia and Thestra are far more populated then Kojan. The third continent was never really finished and it lacks content. It’s one of my favorite places so I still hang out there quite a bit. You can level from 1-20 on the content that is there, but it runs out and isn’t nearly as reward heavy as some of the other areas. There is the URT (united races of thestra) quest chain in Thestra, which starts at Veskal’s Exchange (more about that later) and then a slightly higher / better version called Hunter’s League that starts in Qalia.
At level 15 I have a huge selection of zones listed to me by the rift keeper. There is:
- Blighted Lands – in Kojan, this area gives you the 5 brothers cloak quest, and you spend a lot of time fighting the evil Ulvari.
- Jalen’s Crossing – never really quested here, but it’s also in Kojan
- Kaon’s Rush – in Thestra, some great group quests here, this is one of the lower level open dungeons
- Qa Riverbank – in Qalia, this area is where you begin working on Hunter’s League quests
- Renton Keep – a fantastic quest hub, URT leads you here, it’s also in Thestra
- Sundering – never been here, and no idea where it is, but it’s on my list!
- Temple of Dailuk – never been here either, but temples are always neat
- Wildgrowth Forest – also in kojan, this leads you towards the eventual Tomb of Lord Tsang quests (group quests)
Each of these locations was marked to me by the rift keeper in game. They’re easy to get to, and each one is a low level quest hub. I of course also highly recommend Veskal’s Exchange. In fact if you’re a new player in Telon there are “newbie nights” that take place in Veskals, one is this Wednesday at 8pm EST. The guild Impact will be handing out buffs, low level gear, and bags (always a must have).
Most hubs do include a fair number of group quests later on in their chains but there’s more then enough solo content. With the recent merges there’s also a high population of mid level characters roaming Telon, and I hear people LFG often. Don’t be afraid to form a group, even if you’re new. Chances are so is everyone else in the group and you just need to explore together.
Happy gaming no matter where you find yourself, I’ll see you in Telon.
Aye but I don’t have a Station Pass :P
FWIW, when I had SOE’s station pass I was able to download the client for free and simply log in and begin playing. Don’t know if it’s still like that, but… anything’s possible, eight?
I should really have gone and bought VG again rather than subbing to AoC. Oh well. Out of money now :(
So there is actually solo content in Vanguard, and in sufficient quantities to level at that? I never knew that.