By now we’ve all heard that Beastlords will indeed be the 25th class added to EQ2. I’m not really surprised but I am curious as to HOW they managed to get to Norrath since we have no Luclin. Perhaps they took a space ship. Other news we heard:
- Authenticators are coming, keychain versions as well as Andriod/iOS
- Player-made dungeons are in the works (very excited about this feature)
- No level cap increase in the next expansion – aa only (just like DoV, a little sad that I have to go so long at level 90)
- Mercenaries are coming (Just like EQ1 already has) turning EQ2 into much more of a single player game (mixed feelings on this)
- Tradeskill apprentices are coming, they use a new craft table and can make new items
- Reforging is coming (a la WoW)
The expansion is slated to go live in November of this year, which is a pleasant surprise to me since I was expecting it to go live in February (which is when DoV released). I’m very excited about player-made dungeons as there is SUCH creativity in EQ2. I think it will be a really neat thing to see. I’m also excited about the EQ1 expansion, and of course I was not surprised that again this year there was absolutely 0 information on Vanguard. In fact I don’t even think they mentioned it once.
What do you think about the announcements we’ve heard so far? Excited about any of them? It will be interesting to see what other details come out of Fan Faire as the day progresses, and in the mean time, happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself.