Crafters Spotlight: So You Want To Be A Sage #EQ2
Sages are wonderful crafters. Part of the scholar path they create spells for priests and mages – but not only that, they have the ability to create the blank notebooks used for player-written books. Considering my intense use of these notebooks it was a bit of a surprise that my sage was actually the last crafter I managed to get 90 on, but I’m glad I did. Not every crafter has unique quest chains, but sages do (there are a few others which I’ll get into details about another day) and I wanted to gather all these quests together in one location, so I’ll be posting them below. There are some people who think sages are useless with the competition of adepts and masters on the broker, but I tend to make fairly good money on mine. It’s just a matter of finding out what sells and knowing your market, which can actually be said for any crafter class out there.
Sage Specific Quests:
- Level 50+: In a Bind (Recipes for crafted notebooks)
- Level 50+: The Legendary Paper (Augren’s Auspicious Inkwell & Wantia Artisan’s Satchel)
- Level 80+: Sarnak Supply Stocking (The earring of the solstice chain, which leads to a scholar specific step)
One of my favorite sites has always been EQ2traders, and they’ve compiled a wonderful page filled with all of the crafting quests currently available.
General Crafting Quests:
- Level 10+ New Halas Level 10 Crafting Series – Level 10+ crafting series added with GU57
- Level 20+ Butcherblock Mountains Level 20 Crafting Series – Level 20+ crafting series added with GU57
- Level 20+ Tradeskill Writs – Work Orders and Rush Orders
- Level 20+ Journeyman Service – Level 20+ crafting quest for a free T3 advanced recipe book
- Level 30+ Steamfont Mountains Level 30 Crafting Series – Level 30+ crafting series added with GU57
- Level 30+ Crafter Leaper Mount Quest (added on June 24, 2011)
- Level 30+ Tradesman Service – Level 30+ crafting quest for a free T4 advanced recipe book and cloak (requires completion of Journeyman Service quest to obtain)
- Level 40+ Advanced ____ Service – Level 40+ crafting quest for a T5 advanced recipe book (requires completion of Tradesman Service quest to obtain)
- Level 40+ Crafty Sootfoots/Sootfoot Service – Quest series in Lavastorm for Sootfoot Magma armor recipes
- Level 50+ Advanced Journeyman Tasks – Level 50+ crafting quest for a cloak and a house item. (requires completion of the Advanced ____ Service quest to obtain)
- Level 50+The Shadow Odyssey expansion has many quests, some with pre-requisites.
- Cannons Away! – a small access quest that can be completed by level 50+ crafters to gain access to the cannon travel in the Moors of Ykesha
- Ship Out! – quest series to introduce level 50+ crafters to the Moors of Ykesha, this questline is required before you can perform missions for the Far Seas Supply Division.
- Far Seas Supply Division faction quests – requires completion of Ship Out quest before you can obtain these level 50+ quests.
- Survival Accord Daily Tradeskill Tasks – daily tasks for level 50+ crafters to earn Survival Accord faction
- Tupta Daily Tradeskill Tasks – daily tasks for level 50+ crafters to earn Guktan Guard faction
- Grobb Daily Tradeskill Tasks – daily tasks for level 50+ crafters to earn Clan Grobb faction
- Additional quests for Liaison Mug – available after the completion of Ship Out
- Additional quests for Liaison Varick – available after the completion of Ship Out
- Additional quests for Liaison Zubzub – available after the completion of Ship Out
- Level 60+ Crafter Glider Mount Quest (added on June 24, 2011)
- Level 60+ Senior Crafter Service – Level 60+ crafting quest for formal wear and a level 60-69 advanced crafting book (requires completion of the Advanced Journeyman Tasks quest to obtain)
- Level 60+ (Carpenter) Nurwin family Secrets – page collection that rewards a level 60 recipe book to craft Wantia furniture.
- Level 65+ Crafter Sokokar Quest – for crafters 65+ who are under level 65 adventuring.
- Level 70 (Alchemist) A bit of Fire, a bit of Ice – Level 70 alchemist quest for recipes to convert byproduct dusts into higher tier versions
- Level 70+ New Lands, New Profits – a level 70 crafter quest that will get you faction with Rilis and Bathezid’s Watch
- Level 75+ High Risks, Higher Profits – a level 75 crafter quest that will get you faction with the Shipyards of Danak
- Level 80+ Sentinel’s Fate Crafting Quest Series – series of quests in the Sentinel’s Fate expansion for all four SF crafting factions
- Level 80 (Alchemist) Distillation Inspiration – level 80+ alchemist quest for recipes to bulk convert byproduct dusts into dusts of the next higher tier (followup to A Bit of Fire … listed above)
- Level 85 Shadows of the Betrayed is a crafting signature quest that results in a crafting-class-specific level 85 item with a non-combat evac effect, etc.
- Level 85+: Destiny of Velious Crafting quests, released on February 22, 2011.
- DoV Crafting Quest Rough Overview
- Iceclad Ocean Crafting Quests
- The Return of a Gathering Obsession (level 90 with pre-requisite)
- City of Thurgadin Crafting Quests
- Crafter Flying Mount Quests Requires certain progress in the City of Thurgadin crafting quests to begin
- What Dreams May Come (Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl HQ)
- Eastern Wastes Crafting Quests Requires that you have completed the Iceclad Ocean Crafting Quests listed above. NEW quest series added with GU60
- Level 90(?) Drunder Crafting Quests Unlocks the ability to buy heirloom recipe books for used in crafting Drunder-related drops for adventurers. NEW quest series added with GU60
- 90+ gathering skill Feeding Duggin – a series of repeatable harvesting quests with dishes as rewards (Additional rewards added with GU45)
- RoK: RoK Faction from a Tradeskill Perspective not only gives an overview of some of the RoK factions, but explains about special RoK tradeskill writs to obtain vendor access to your Advanced recipe books and more. Also check out the GU54 addition of RoK Daily Crafting Faction Quests
- Special Red glowie collections released with GU46, additional collections added with GU47
You can also find crafting quests written up on EQ2i, which is a fantastic resource for all things EQ2-related. No matter what path you choose to go down you’ll find a lot of quests related to crafting, and before too long you may find yourself with two, three, or even all 9 of your crafters at 90 (yes, all mine are 90).
Happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself!