I’ve always been a huge fan of player run events, no matter what game they happen to take place in, and for Wurm Online that means the Impalong. This years is going to be especially gigantic, not only is is the last year for Willow to be hosting it, but it also takes place after 1.0 goes live which means we’ll have armor graphics and multi story and “officially” be out of our 6 year open beta.
So what is an “impalong”? The name comes from ‘improve’ which is of course how you better all items in Wurm Online, you ‘imp’ them. There is a pretty detailed post about the event on the Wurm forums, which you can read here. The event takes place at Festival Cove, which is on the Independence server, just south (and slightly West) of The Howl, which is where new players on Independence first land.
You don’t need to be of high skill to participate in the event for prizes, and there are some very nice ones so far:
- 1 gold coin yes thats right a whole shiny gold coin!
- 95ql Drake Set there will be some enchants on this set, but as of yet it is still being worked on
- 1 Settlement form plus 10 silver to help you get started
- 7q pickaxe (102 coc) – thank you Eladia
- free pan filling (10k meals) everything supplied – thank you Ishy and Akan
- another 1g coin – Ruger will hold a contest to be decided later – thank you Ruger
- Boat – Thanks Ugora
- 2 cherrywood sailboats, both are over 60 ql and will come with lock and anchor – Thank you Crutchly
- I will be donating a full set (minus greathelm) of enchanted 90ql scale. AoSP from 83-93 across the set – Thank you Tam
- 5 freee forge imping – Thank you Raycg
- 91CoC 5QL butchering knife – Thank you Blahsonson
- 2 rope tools of 26 and 23QL, both with 63CoC – Thank you again Blahsonson
- Brass Compass ql 82.60 – Thanks Raybarg
- super special prize alert* 1 newbie account comes with a full year premium already added
- Variety of high enchanted tools and weps for random daily shout out giveaways – c/o Tam again, thank you so much Tam, always my partner in crime.
I’ll be sailing down with some of my deed mates as we get closer to December 19th. The event runs from then until January 2nd, so there’s plenty of time for people to make their way.
Of course the more people who help out for this event, the better. I’ll be bringing two priests down with me to act as batteries / cast spells for those who need it, as well as Stargrace to help out where she can. Without the players behind this event, it would never happen.
If you play Wurm Online but you’ve never checked out this yearly event before, or you’re thinking of getting involved in Wurm and want to see what a player run event is like – this is your chance. Come help make this years the best ever.
As always, happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself!