These delicious tilapia tacos were adapted from Fitness magazine – Eat Healthy For Less
- 1 lime
- 3 grape tomatoes, chopped
- Few sprigs of fresh cilantro, diced up
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (red or green)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 whole wheat (or whole grain) tortillas
Cut the lime in half, and squeeze the juice from one half into a bowl. Set the rest aside. Combine the tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, onion, and lime juice together.
In another bowl mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, and the rest of the lime juice. Add cabbage and 2 tablespoons of yogurt sauce together. Save the extra sauce.
Heat olive oil in a large pan. Sprinkle the tilapia with chili powder and cook for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more.
Fill your tortilla with tilapia, cabbage mixture, and salsa mixture (the tomatoes etc). Enjoy!
These were absolutely delicious. The spicy heat from the salsa mixture along with the cool crunch of the cabbage were absolutely yum.