I’m taking some inspiration from Sypster over at BioBreak, and writing about what I’d like my goals to be for gaming in 2015. As he says, lists constantly change, so I don’t expect this to be set in stone in any way. Plus I hardly know what new games may be just over the horizon. These are some lists of mine, lets see how this year pans out.
MMOs I know I’ll be playing:
- World of Warcraft (for how long, I’m not sure, but I currently have a subscription until February)
- Wurm Online (currently have a subscription until February of 2016)
MMOs I May Play:
- ArchAge (I dropped out of this after the mad rush for housing just became too much for me)
- Rift (I keep going back to Rift and just can’t seem to get back into it, for whatever reason, but I keep trying)
- Diablo 3 (The new season isn’t slated to start until at least February, probably more like March which is discouraging, but I still really enjoy the game)
- Landmark (I’m waiting for some polish, mobs were JUST added, and it was hard to get back into)
- Heroes of the Storm
- EverQuest 2 (I always end up going back here and there)
- Guild Wars 2 (Much like Rift, I return only to feel incredibly lost and end up leaving again)
Games On the Horizon:
- The Repopulation (I keep hearing about this game, and I’m very interested, but early access is expensive, and I’m just not sure)
- Rising World (Loving this so far, but right now it’s very alpha)
- Clockwork Empire (I’ve played this game a few hours worth so far, and it’s got a lot of promise. It’s in early access though, and we all know how long those can take to push forward. That being said, it’s probably one of the better early access games I played this year)
- Castle Story – This game has been in development for quite some time now. It’s still early access, still full of bugs, and the dev team has slowly been removing features from it instead of adding to it. The length of time it takes to get a game out the door varies, I know, but it feels like this is more of an unfinished product now than when I started playing it over a year ago. I know it’s not exactly fair to place an unfinished game on a list of disappointments, but I really had big hopes.
I have a lot of non-mmo games I want to get to in 2015. These include my ‘regulars’
- The Sims 4 (that game just makes me so happy)
- Craft the World
- Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Plus a handful of others. I have a LOT of games I haven’t even touched yet. I’m tempted to do a weekly spotlight on one of my ‘non regular’ games throughout the year, but I tend to be horrible at sticking with those sort of things. Still, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to try. As being a ‘gamer’ becomes more mainstream, I’m awed by the number of games that are out there. The decision on what to play and how to spend those precious moments becomes harder and harder.
How does your 2015 look so far?