AddOns – Are there Others I need?
I love World of Warcraft AddOns. I think the Curse Client makes them easy to install (and even those not on curse are pretty easy to install) and they offer a whole lot of function to the game. My basic UI is ElvUI, a popular all-in-one UI replacement. I know there are lots of pros and cons to using it, some people adore it and others hate it, but it does what I need it to do, so for now that’s what I use. The other AddOns I’ve picked up along the way are as follows:
- _NPCScan (This tells me when named are up by announcing them, and lets me target them so I can get to them faster and know when they’re almost dead before I get there)
- Auctionator (A semi-replacement for auctioneer which hasn’t been updated in ages)
- Can I Mog It? (Tells me whether or not I have the transmog for a specific item, across characters)
- Deadly Boss Mods (Dungeon / raid timers across all expansions)
- GTFO (A really loud obnoxious sound plays any time I step in anything bad)
- HandyNotes (Map notes on anything from Panadria treasures to field photographer, this is an amazing addon)
- Master Plan (Garrison organization, hoping they come out with a Legion version)
- PetBattle Teams (Lets me organize my pets into saved teams and name them all)
- PetTracker (Lets me see on each map which pets I have from the area and which are missing)
- Recount (DPS / Heal meter, I use this for myself, not to judge others. I like improving my character)
- World Quest Tracker (I haven’t used this, but I believe it lets me track the new world quests from Legion)
I don’t want a whole lot of addons since eventually they end up creating lag and other problems with one another in-game, but the ones I have picked up all seem to get along well with one another and don’t create any noticeable issues with my system. I was using an inventory mod for a little while, but found that it lagged pretty badly and when I was moving items around and they wouldn’t show up in the right places until I opened and closed the container again. I decided inventory organization wasn’t that much of a priority in the end.
My priest managed to hit 110 over the weekend, and now I’m deciding on an alliance member to level up. Most of my “fun” characters are horde, and alliance are ones I’ve fallen out of love with over the class changes. I’m wishing I had a mage, or a warrior, or an alliance monk or hunter. Instead I’ll have to choose between priest, druid, shaman, paladin, and warlock. Decisions decisions!
As always, happy gaming, no matter where you find yourself.