Knitting Goals – January 2021
I’m taking a page from Dr. Gracie over here and following along with her set up for goals in 2021. Not only do I find her an incredible inspiration, but I’ve been suffering from some sever depression, and keeping organized is one method for me to get back on track. I am also seeking some professional help, I know it’s not something that some bullet journal entries can fix. Hopefully she doesn’t mind if I use her method to help organize my own thoughts.
Completed in December:
- Willy Warmer
- Sockhead Cowl
- Scrap Blanket
- Heel/Toe on Machine knit sock
- For the Horde mitten liners
- Finish off at least TWO of the WIP I have. It doesn’t matter which two, just any two. I know the scrap blanket is more of a long-term goal that should span all of 2021 easily, but in that case I’d like to get a few squares of it done.
- Frog the silver bell sweater I was working on. Right now I’ve placed it in an indefinite time out. Somehow I dropped stitches so bad that the entire neckline came undone. I’m disappointed, to say the least. Almost the entire sweater will have to be re-knit. I put it away in a project bag until I could cool down.
- Learn brioche knitting. This is a big one, I’ve never attempted it before and I don’t have the faintest idea what’s involved. I make it my goal almost every year, and so far I haven’t had any luck at all.
- Master double knitting. If I ever had a nemesis in knitting, this would be it. For some reason my brain cannot comprehend how the charts work when I attempt double knitting. I’d like to complete something, anything.
- Work from stash only. Whether it’s fiber I already own or yarn, I’d like to only work from stash this year, and NOT add anything to it. We’ll see how that goes, with the pandemic still in full swing online retail therapy is all I have some months.
- Process more fiber. I have two beautiful fleece that have been washed and are just waiting to be processed. Even if I just work on a small portion each week, I’d like to work through this. My husband also crafted me a diz I’d like to use to try to make roving.
- At least 12 projects for 2021. I had this goal in 2020, and it seemed to work out well. I want to complete at least one project a month (roughly, average) for a total of 12. There were some years once I had children that I barely completed any, and I want to make sure that I make time for this hobby of mine.
2020 was probably one of the worst years I’ve had, but I still feel pretty blessed and thankful. I am hoping for good things to all in 2021, I think we all deserve them.