DailyCreative Goals – October 2021
Normally I have this categorized as ‘knitting’ goals each month – but I do a lot of creative stuff, and I was feeling a bit off about the label so moving forward we’re just going to call this DailyCreative goals. Again the inspiration (and motivation) comes from this amazing blog that I’ve followed for years now. It just puts me in such a happy place. Anyway, it’s a new month so let’s see how we did.
- I didn’t complete any projects for the month of September, but I did get a lot of progress done, and that’s always nice.
- I finished off the front of my cable crush hoodie and am now working the back. Once the back is done I’ll seam the shoulders and I believe the sleeves will be next, then the hood. I’m trying not to stress about the hood because I really want it to turn out but I’ve never knit one before.
- I also started my very first stitch a long! It’s a Halloween one, and we’re 15 days in so far. This gives lots of time to finish before Halloween so I can use it as decoration. I’m not an enormous fan of the daily images, but adding some backstitch has helped.
- Scrap blanket is still in the works, but I’m thinking of changing it to a 10 stitch blanket instead of squares that I keep having to seam together. We’ll see how that goes.
- I did crank out some tubes for socks, but the gauge was off, so I frogged them and need to start over. On the plus side, my circular sock knitting machine is oiled and ready to go.
- Finish off the cross stitch SAL – I am HOPING I’m able to complete this. So far I’ve managed just fine, but I never know with my hands.
- Complete the back to my cable crush hoodie. I was feeling a little too adventurous thinking I’d be completely done it by now, but that doesn’t mean I can’t make some awesome progress on it.
- Finish one more creative project, either a smaller knit project or maybe a smaller cross stitch kit. I have a few now that I’ve been saving up and they’d make perfect weekend projects to gift to friends.