A hung hem! Completed, and it looks fantastic. I’m so proud of myself! If only the heel had of turned out. Thankfully I looked into it, and I’m pretty sure I know exactly what I did wrong. Here’s hoping attempt #3 goes better.
New needles and a good cleaning – and my Creelman Money Maker ‘A’ from 1893 is cranking out tubes like it’s brand new. Unfortunately the fabric is itchy and not really great for socks, so I decided not to make this into anything at all, and I’ll just use it as a practice run. I can’t wait to start up an actual sock next! I am learning how to do cuffs / heels / toes all on the machine, with nothing afterthought. We’ll see how it goes!